Saturday, July 25, 2009

Concerts, Birthdays, and Fireworks



Gotta love that Wrangler butt!!! Last week my mom, friend Julie and I went to see George Strait at Usana. It was awesome! Jullianne Hough and Blake Shelton opened for him, and they sounded great too. We sat on the lawn, which I would highly recommend if you want a great concert on a budget. The only downfall to the night was I spent a good chunk of George filling out a witness statement for the guy I turned in that peed on an old lady's blanket. Seriously sometimes I wonder what the #*&% is wrong with people. Other than that we had a lot of fun, the music was amazing, and you all should be jealous:)
July 16th was my niece Maya's birthday(the smile on the right) so Nick and I took her and our other niece Sadie to Liberty Park to play. It was so much fun, I definitely recommend it to anyone with kids. There is a fun fountain with lots of different water spouts to play in, several playgrounds with fun stuff, and a pond to feed ducks.The girls were great when they weren't fighting with each other:) Afterwards we went to Maya's official birthday party to swim and eat lots of good food.





July 24th is my grandpa's birthday, so we decided it would be fun to take him to a Bee's game for baseball and fireworks. It was so hot! It turned out the team that the Bee's were supposed to play canceled, so two high school teams played, but they were really good so it was still fun. Plus we get two more Bee's tickets, a Jazz ticket, and a Miller Raceway ticket to replace the game we didn't get to see, so it was worth it. The fireworks were great, and overall it was a fun night!

This is the gang that went to the game, my sister and her husband Jonas, my mom and Larry, and me and Nick.



We had pretty good seats too, for the game and the fireworks.










2 comments:

TravandNat said...

Looks like lots of fun! I have been lazy about posting..I'm glad that you did!

larryandjackie said...

Ok , you can take the picture off of you and me at the concert! I look like I had to much to drink!