Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd give a quick update. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! As dumb as it sounds, this year was my first year not having Thanksgiving with my mom, and it was a little weird! Nick and I spent last Thanksgiving with my family on a houseboat trip to Lake Powell, so this year was his family's turn. The food was great and we had a good time eating and watching a movie. We did miss the Winquists, it was sad not to have my girls there! I also had hours worth of homework that I was supposed to get done, but with all of the family activities and Christmas preparation I did none of it! I am already regretting it, but I got a lot done at home so oh well.

In other news, Nick and I decided to get our Christmas present a little early this year. We were going to wait a few weeks, but we were too excited. So on Friday night we drove to the Humane Society and adopted the newest member of our family, Chavez. He is a Chihuahua mix, but looks mostly chihuhua. I will have pictures up soon, but my camera has disappeared and Nick's is full of Iraqi sand. Chavez is an angel, and we love him already! It didn't take him long to warm up, he already has claimed our bed. Good thing he only weighs 13 pounds:) He is a sad puppy today, he got really sick this weekend and when I took him to the doctor today he had a temperature of 105! He has medicine now and seems to be doing better already. I know posts are boring without pictures, so I'll stop here and hopefully have Chavez up soon!

4 comments:

TravandNat said...

What fun! I was wondering when you were going to get a puppy of your own. I didn't take long at all. I can't wait to see pictures!

I'm glad that you had a good Thanksgiving! I know this holiday season is a bit crazy, but I would love to do lunch sometime. If it's after the holidays, I completely understand..just sometime in the nearish future! :)

Jonas and Devin said...

I hope Chavez feels better soon - Jib is excited to meet his cousin this weekend!

Natalie Winquist said...

We missed you guys this Thanksgiving tons!! It was so weird & not so nice to be without family! I guess at least we had each other! Next time!
We loved meeting Chavez!!! The other kids are jealous though that they didn't get to- so we have to get together soon so we can enjoy your Christmas break!! We love you guys! Welcome to the family our sweet little Chavez!!!

The Haslam Family said...

You go to Westminster!?!? What the heck? you must see my Dad now and then. Sorry I didnt respond to your last Myspace message. Things have been going really well. We have two Chihuahuas, Maya & Iago. Anyways, we'll be coming out there on the 22nd of Dec. Hopefully we can hang out. It has....been a while.