Sunday, November 9, 2008

Celebrating Veteran's Day








Tuesday is Veteran's Day and I hope everyone takes a moment to thank someone you know who has served or who is still serving. The sacrifice that the men and women in the armed forces make for our safety and freedom is greater than most of us will ever know. I am posting in honor of my husband, who served four years in the Army infantry, two of those years in Iraq. I am so proud of his hard work and sacrifice, and I have seen first hand the effect that war has on a person. He is the strongest and most honorable man I know, and I hope that he knows how much I appreciate his work for our country and our new little family. I also hope that our new president can help to resolve this war and bring back all the men and women over there. Happy Veteran's Day Nick. I love you!

3 comments:

TravandNat said...

Thanks for the awesome reminder! The people who serve our country are much stronger than I could ever be; and I am thankful to them for their service!!

Ann-Marie said...

Welcome to the blogging world! You are a beautiful bride. I've been checking other peoples blogs to try and find you, for a long time!!! Send me your email and I'll send you an invite to my blog.

wood.annmarie@gmail.com

Like my last name???

Natalie Winquist said...

AMEN! It's sometimes easy to forget what sacrifices those brave men & women have made & continue to make for our country, our freedoms, & justice for all! It definitely hits so much closer to home when a loved one has served & we have a daily reminder! Thank you Nick for all you've done for so many & thank you Sonia- for being the sweet, unconditional support & love that you gave & give to my brother, whether he's on the battlefield in Iraq or next to you on the couch! I count you & the wonderful addition that you are to our family as a HUGE blessing in all of our lives!! Thanks again to you both for all the time you spent with my kids while we were gone! They adore you both! Mahalo & ofa atu!!!