Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Joy of Children


Every time I get get frustrated with school and have many negative thoughts, I do work in an elementary classroom and I am reminded why I'm trying to become a teacher. While I admit that I had no idea how much work it was to be a teacher when I started this journey, I also had no idea how rewarding it could be. I had a second grade placement this semester at Rolling Meadows Elementary School, and it was by far my favorite to this point. I love second grade!!! I was so sad to leave, and the kids were so sweet when I said goodbye. They all made me great cards telling me they love me and will miss me, and wishing me Merry Christmas. They also made me this great poster, which unfortunately is no longer in one piece, thank goodness I took a picture! Also, thanks for the snow! I have a great tree and lots of Christmas spirit now.

4 comments:

James and Melissa said...

Congrats on finishing another semester! You'll be a great teacher! I always enjoy reading your blog--it looks like you guys are doing great.

The Haslam Family said...

glad youre seeing both sides of teaching.
glad you still want it.
im so happy for you.
congrats

TravandNat said...

It still amazes me that you ended up teaching...but, I can tell that you'll be one of those GREAT teachers that influences the lives of your students for the better! I am glad that you are being rewarded for all of your good work! Merry Christmas!

Mandie said...

Hey sonia so i never use it i really just made it cause u had one lol i miss u a lot and i wanna talk 2 u soon so ummm email me amandayankura@yahoo.com hope u guys are doing great! tell nick i said hi!!