Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Ugly Truth About Marriage


My sister warned me that when I got married, I would get fat. I laughed her off and claimed it wouldn't happen to me. HA!!! Go ahead Devin, give me an "I told you so." Not that I was particularly skinny before I got married, but for the most part my curves were in the right places. Now it might be strecthing it to even call them curves..maybe more along the lines of rolls... Many of you who may read this post have no idea what I am talking about, because you are one of those blessed people who are naturally thin and don't have to worry about it. Even some of you with kids... But for anyone who may know where I am coming from, it sucks! I have decided that a little friendly competition will be great for me, so I joined a team at work that is competing in a workplace Biggest Loser competition. They did this last year and several people from my office lost a lot of weight. Leave it to the State, right? Anyway, the contest goes from April 1 to May 28, and the winning team gets a prize. I hope that knowing that 7 other people are depending on me will give me that little extra push... We'll see how it goes. Everyone send me positive skinny thoughts! If only I had Jillian...

4 comments:

Jonas and Devin said...

Oh Jillian...I want to be her. Then I could kick your butt and you wouldn't get mad :)

TravandNat said...

You can totally have Jillian! I have a DVD of her's that is AMAZING!!! It only take 20 minutes of your day, and it's intense and really works..in only 20 minutes. It's the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. You can find it at Target..or even online at Amazon. They have copies for around $8..it's totally worth it! Good luck with your goal. I had similar intentions, and failed..but I'm working at it again! :P

Courtney Milne Fuller said...

HA! That is hilarious!! SO TRUE!!! I love your wedding pics, You are beautiful! And would be beautiful at any size :)

Mandie said...

Hey girl ive been tryin to get ahold of you!!! so i created a blog thingy here today! i miss u guys soooo much call me ok 815 993 7453

Love Amanda